Friday 19 September 2014

Looking for La La by Ellie Campbell ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️








This book was part of a boxset of 7 books called "What's so funny about murder?" This was definitely some light, humorous British chicklit. I was expecting it to be more of a murder mystery book with a bit of humour thrown in. The plot centres around a stay at home mum called Cathy. Cathy is married to Declan who is a successful businessman and they have two children. The mystery begins when Declan starts receiving postcards signed from somebody calling herself La La. The postcard is trying to imply that Declan is having an affair with La La. Cathy does not necessarily believe that Declan is having an affair with La La but makes it her mission to try and find out who La La is and why she/he is trying to cause trouble.

I really liked the character of Cathy and being a stay at home mum myself could definitely relate to Cathy and some of the emotions that she was feeling. There was lots of laugh out loud moments in this book. It was a nice, light, humorous read. I knocked a star off because I did get a little confused who some of the characters were. Cathy has a lot of friends and I found myself having to stop and try to remember which character was which. My other reasoning for knocking a star off is because I felt that the book went on for a bit longer than it needed to. I didn't guess who La La was but I did guess how the book would end. I would highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and Comments.