Thursday 2 October 2014

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️




On the morning of their 5th Wedding Anniversary Amy goes missing.  The police suspect foul play and husband Nick is the chief suspect.  All the evidence points towards him having hurt Amy or worse.  Nick protests his innocence but who do we believe?

This book is told from both Nicks point of view and Amy's through her diary entries.  Amy's diary goes from when they met right up to their 5th Wedding Anniversary when she goes missing. Nick speaks about his marriage to Amy and events that happened on the day that she disappeared and subsequent days after.

This was definitely one of those books that you do not want to put down once you pick it up.  It is very clever the way it is written and as a reader you really do not know who to believe. There is a very clever twist that I have never seen done before. I love being surprised by a book. Why then did I not give it 5 stars you may ask.  Well I will tell you dear reader.  The ending made me very angry. Never before have I wanted to throw a book across the room. I read all of my books on my Kindle so I decided against throwing my Kindle across the room.  That would have been a very expensive read for me!! Gillian Flynn did a discussion about the book on Goodreads and she was asked about the ending.  She said that she liked that people were upset by the ending because it got people talking about it more.

The film of this book is now out at the cinema.  I urge you dear reader to please read the book first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and Comments.