Tuesday 18 November 2014

The Ghost Hunters Club by L.K.Jay. ⭐️⭐️⭐️




This is a story about three single women Linda, Karen and Anna who have been friends for years. Linda is the teacher, Karen is the martial artist and Anna is the newly made single mum whose husband has left her. After spending a disasterous evening at a speed-dating event, the three friends plan a weekend away to Whitby to search for the supernatural and have a few drinks and laughs. 

I would firstly like to say that this was not the story that I was expecting and I may have enjoyed it more had I realised that this was mostly Chicklit. I must also point out that there were a few grammatical errors which did irritate me and spoilt my enjoyment of the story.  What I had expected was a humorous supernatural story with a side story of the women's personal lives thrown in. What I got was a book which was most definitely Chicklit with a bit of humour thrown in. The ghost hunting aspect of the book was there, but it was just something the women enjoyed doing together. 

The real focus of this book the individual love lives of the three main characters. I really did like the main characters and their genuine friendship and respect for each other. I found Anna and her story the most interesting of the three. For me there was too many minor characters in this book. I found myself having to stop and try to remember who they all were. I thought that the ending wrapped the three individual stories off nicely and we are not left wondering what happened to them. There is another two books that follow on from this one if you enjoy this one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and Comments.