Wednesday 11 February 2015

Temorarily Employed by Vicki Batman ⭐️⭐️⭐️




I was kindly given a copy of this book in exchange for a review.  This is the story of Hattie Cook who has fallen on hard times. She is coming home from an interview that she is convinced that she has messed up and gets stopped by the traffic police for having a missing taillight. She later realises that the policeman who pulled her over and gave her a ticket was Detective Allan Wellbourne the brother of her best friend. Out of desperation she takes a temporary job at Buy Rite insurance company because she now has a ticket to pay for as well as replacing the parts that have been stolen from her car.   Allan tries to help Hattie recover her stolen car parts and they become friends which quickly turns to romance.  When she starts her job at Buy Rite she uncovers an embezzeling scam and Allan reveals that he is investigating the death of the emloyee that Hattie has replaced at Buy Rite.

This book was not what I was expecting. I thought that the book was going to be more of a mystery with a bit of romance thrown in. This is more of a romance with a little bit of mystery thrown in. I was more interested in the mystery aspect of the book rather than the romance. I liked most of the characters in the book but I could not believe how naive, trusting and at times stupid the main character could be to the point were it annoyed me. I liked the humour that carried on throughout the book. It made a nice change to read something that is lighthearted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and Comments.