Friday 16 January 2015

The Back Road by Rachel Abbott ⭐️⭐️⭐️




I read this book back in July 2014. That was before I had started this blog. Quite recently somebody reminded me about this book that I had forgotten about by asking if I had read it at all. I thought that I should really put up a review on here.
.
We find out early on in the book that a young girl called Abbie gets knocked down by a car whilst being chased. Why was she out so late? What was she doing?  Why wasn't she missed?  We find out about secrets that various people in the village are keeping. Are these secrets the answer to what happened to Abbie?

I am on the fence with this book. I certainly did not love it but I did not hate it either. Hence the three star rating.  I felt that the book was not structured enough and I found myself wondering what the various secrets had to do with the main story. I feel that the author intended for there to be a lot of red herrings to throw you off working out the ending. I think that this was the main problem with this book.  There was too many characters and too many secrets.  This is a book built on misunderstandings, if people just spoke to each other a lot of things would have been cleared up. For myself as a reader I found this really frustrating. 

It all does come together in the end, but I found myself quite relieved when I had finished this book.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feedback and Comments.